Chemical peeling, also called derma peeling or chemexfoliation, is a versatile treatment that can be customized to treat many different skin concerns. The procedure causes rapid rejuvenation, removing damaged layers and triggering the development of healthy new skin.
Our Fort Lauderdale dermatology practice offers several different types of peels. Regardless of whether your peel is targeted toward the treatment of a specific condition, or intended for anti-aging, you will notice:
- Smoother skin
- Brightening of your complexion
- More even skin tone
- Reduction in wrinkles and fine lines
Dr. Andrew may recommend a chemical peel for:
- Photo-aging and other sun damage
- Dry, rough skin
- Melasma (also known as the pregnancy mask)
- Freckles and other spots on skin
- Superficial wrinkles, fine lines, crinkled appearance (particularly in the eye area and around the mouth)
- Dull complexion, large pores
- Skin discoloration, blotchiness, uneven tone
- Solar lentigo (also called age spots or liver spots)
- Certain types of acne
About the procedure
Chemical peeling is a convenient in-office procedure. The formula is applied to prepared skin, and allowed to soak in for a pre-determined length of time. It is then neutralized and removed, and a soothing balm is applied. Over the next several days, upper layers of skin will slough off, revealing healthier and more youthful looking skin.
Because chemical peels are classified as cosmetic, they are not covered by medical insurance. Some peels require downtime, while the recovery period for others is minimal. This will depend on the type and depth of the peel. It is important to avoid sun exposure, or use adequate UV protection during healing. During your consultation, Dr. Andrew will explain what to expect, and aftercare.
If you think that a chemical peel may be right for you, give us a call at (561) 708-5004
and schedule an appointment with Dr. Andrew.