Laser Hair Removal
Are you sick of shaving, plucking, and waxing? Do you suffer uncomfortable side effects such as razor burn, cuts, and skin irritation? If so, you may be a good candidate for laser hair removal treatment at our Fort Lauderdale office.
About our laser technology
Dr. Andrew works with advanced IPL (intense pulsed light) and lasers for safe and effective removal of unwanted body or facial hair. Due to advances in laser technology, this treatment is appropriate for most patients. Dr. Andrew uses the Palomar Icon
to remove hair.
What to expect
First is a consultation with Dr. Andrew. He will determine if you are a good candidate for laser treatment, which most people are. Insurance does not cover this procedure.
During the consultation, the doctor will discuss the number and frequency of treatments. This varies from one patient to the next, depending on the treatment area, skin tone, color, and coarseness of the hair, and other factors.
- In most cases, between two to six laser sessions are needed to achieve optimal results.
- After treatment, patients are usually completely hair-free for many months. New hairs are generally thinner, lighter in color, and fewer in number than before laser therapy.
- Hair regrowth can be treated with additional laser sessions.
- Laser hair removal is a fast and efficient process. The length of each session will depend on the area being treated. A small area, such as the lip, generally takes about 30 minutes.
Dr. Andrew can treat virtually any area of the body with laser hair removal. It is most commonly requested for the:
- Face, particularly the chin and lip areas
- Back and shoulders
- Bikini area
If you are looking for a lasting solution to unwanted body hair, call us at (561) 708-5004
and schedule a laser hair removal consultation.